Peter Deakin, currently of the Warrington League, has recently found his copy of the original 1959 agenda for the meeting, called at The Mount Hotel in 1959, which led to the setting up of the MQL. The original, a blue-ink Banda sheet, had been found by Bill Hawkins - his father, Bill senior, had been at the meeting.
MEETING TO CONVENE PROPOSED QUIZ LEAGUE
To be held at the Mount Hotel, Orrell, on Tuesday, 28th July 1959 at 8 p.m
INTERIM CHAIRMAN: - Mr. W, J. Brady.
INTERIM SECRETARY: - Mr. J.Howard
1) - ELECTION OF OFFICERS (a) League Chairman,
(b) League Secretary,
(c) Public Relations Officer,
2) - NAME TO BE ADOPTED.
3) - CONSTITUTION.
4) - FINANCE - i.e. Membership Fees; Trophy subscription, &c.
5) - Appointments of QUIZ OFFICERS.
6) - CONTRIBUTION FROM EACH CLUB OF QUESTIONS, ANSWERS, & OFFICERS.
7) - FIXTURE DAYS & TIMES.
8) - RULES OF THE CONTESTS.
9) - CONDUCT OF THE QUIZ.
10) - FINALITY OF THE QUESTlON MASTER'S DECISION.
11) - PROVISION OF TROPHY.
12) - OTHER SUGGESTIONS.
Invitations are hereby extended to any interested parties to attend the above meeting to assist in forming an Association and to arrange fixtures for the coming winter season.
Only one member of each club will be eligible to vote.
The Patrons of The Mount Hotel